Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What is the best way to keep nail polish from chipping?

I've tried base coats, top coats, no coats. What works? I'm so sick of having to repaint my nails every 2 days! Is there some brand that works better than others?What is the best way to keep nail polish from chipping?
You can avoid chipping by making sure the nail is completely free of oils before applying your base coat. A top coat is also essential to give your manicure a longer life. Apply a second coat the next day, and then every second day after on your fingernails, and every week on your toenails.What is the best way to keep nail polish from chipping?
I have better luck with putting 2 coats of clear on the top the 1st day and then a new coat of clear everyday (you can only do this for so long tho) to chip it you have to chip thru the clear 1st. I always buff my natural nail before painting with anything with a VERY fine emory board 1st. Just run it across it a couple of times......NOT MUCH AT ALL. This ';roughs'; the nail up a bit and the base coat will stick better. It still looks and feels smooth.
Unfortunately if you have natural nails, polish just doesn't last long. Try not putting it on to thick and allow it to dry in between coats. You may also try getting them airbrushed, the airbrushing tends to last longer.
I've had very good luck with Seche Vite top coat - it should be available at a beauty supply near you. With my natural nails, it kept a fast dry polish on for almost a week, and a professional manicure stayed set for a whole week.





It's a bit pricy ($8-9), but I've found it well worth the money. :)
put a coat of clear polish on top
get a nail varnish that hardens the cover ...less likely to chip

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles