Monday, June 21, 2010

How to prevent nail polish from chipping?

My nail polish always comes off super fast. I've tried different brands, and I know to put a top coat and everything. It seems like when I do dishes and stuff like that it almost just washes off. How can I get it to stay on better?How to prevent nail polish from chipping?
OPI nail polish stays on very well. How long the nail polish stays on also depends on how well you painted your nails. if you did thick sloppy coats and they did not dry neatly, the nail polish will chip much easier. Be very careful and neat when painting your nails, and do t after the dishes. Make sure to trim your cuticles before painting your nails, this makes a hige difference chip-wise. Do fast, light, neat strokes. The best way: two thin coats of color, and a clear coat. MAke sure your nails have dried completely before any ';rough'; activity.How to prevent nail polish from chipping?
Here's a combination that works well for me: OPI chip skip (it's thin like polish remover, not a base coat, but it goes on before the color) I swear by it. Then, OPI color (2 thin coats). DRY WELL! Top Coat (I like Super Shiney by Creative Nails). Reapply top coat every couple of days, and wear gloves when cleaning and doing dishes. I've found that the pricier brands are worth the money and do last longer on the nail and in the bottle than regular drug store brands. I also don't like the brand Essie, even though it's a salon brand, I'd stick with OPI.
Even if you use good nail laquers and base/topcoats (my personal favorite brand is Seche Vite at beauty supply stores) your polish will come off if you have to keep your hand in water or household chemicals from cleaning chores. I recommend wearing dishwashing gloves, and it will keep your skin from getting too dry also.
I use OPI topcoat and it works for me .....You might want to apply a thin top coat like every few days just for extra protection ...You could always use gloves when doing dishes ...OPI also makes a product for chipping that you might want to try as well ..





http://www.opi.com/trPremium.asp#3





Hope this was helpful ~~~


Good Luck ~~~
It's all about the brand, the layers, and the clear coat.





The more expensive brands of color are worth the money. The more, thicker layers flake easier, and the clear coat only goes on once, else it'll bubble and ruin the finish.





Hope this helped.
Well i got my toes done at the nail salon and i thought it was VERY cute. So i decided to try and keep it on longer. I put on o top coat every other day. And at one point i didnt care anymore, so i chipped it off myself. lol
I buff my nails before I apply nail polish and even after dishes and all the other cinderella stuff, it stays on! Also, you should spend a little extra and get OPI nailpolishes, they are great!
put on the top coat...





and then a couple coats of clear nail polish.





it seals the deal.
honestly, I haven't found a way but when i put the gloss over the color I've found that it lasts longer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles