Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do i keep nail polish from chipping?

What do the salons use? Everytime i get my nails done, the polish lasts for weeks but when i do it, it's chipping the next day!How do i keep nail polish from chipping?
That used to happen to me all the time before my grandma gave me her great tip! Get nail glue and a clear coated nail polish, put at least 5 drops or nail glue in the clear coat polish. then every time you paint you nails a certain color put the nail glue/clear coat over them! it will really help!(:How do i keep nail polish from chipping?
wash hands first and clean nails thoroughly.put your normal coat and. once dry paint a line of nail polish at the very top of your nail, then once that is dry, do another coat as usual. this stops it from chipping as it has more coats on the tip. make suree your cuticles areare evenly pushed down and file all of the nails evenly.dont use heavy coats as this makes it more likely to chip as it is clumped together.in salons we use a clear coat above this also to ensure extra protcetion., sally hansons is one of the best also OPI is very good and not to pricy. you can purchase a bottle from your local salon..hope this helps.
Salons use Opi, the Cadillac of polishes. It's not too much more than branded drugstore stuff, so I'd suggest it based upon reputation. I think you can find it online if you don't want to buy it at the salon, but I can't guarantee that stuff's authenticity (Chinese factories bootleg some pretty inexpensive things!). Also, try applying a topcoat for protection and putting on a second layer of the polish.





People are suggesting Sally Hansen. Del Lab's Hansex Xtreme Wear and preium NYC do both hold up well for the low-maintenance sorts.
Before you paint your nails, make sure it is clean from any residue. Wash your hands with soap and clean each nail with alcohol. (Technically, you can skip the washing hands part.)





Then use a thin base coat, the color (2 thin coats) and a good quality top coat. Try to keep it thin, it will last longer.





Also try to let it fully dry, use cuticle oil to coat each nail (prevent it from smudging) and run it under cold water (helps it harden quicker).





Hope this helps!
I've found that investing in a bottle of base coat is a big help. Then put two coats of the polish on, then a coat of clear polish. The key if you want it to stay perfect it to reapply the clear coat every two days. Anything less and I start to get chipping. Also, buying expensive, high quality nail polishes like Opi should help.





Cheers!
Well salons use a thick clear coat of polish. I like using this Sally Hansen polish. It's made to strengthen nails but it's great at protecting polish. It also gives a high shine to polish. You can get it at most pharmacies or anywhere that nail polishes are sold.
What I do when I do my nails at home is put a titan strength undercoat then let that completely dry and then apply the nail polish (2 coats usually) and once again let that completely dry. Then I finish with a non-chip top coat. It usually lasts at least a week or 2. good luck
I always have several bottles of clear nail polish around. I try to recoat every day or every other day to keep the color nail polish on. I also try to make sure I moisturize my hands and cuticles every day. It keeps the cracking down to a minimum.
First do your nails,than put a top coat or clear color on top...I myself don't do my nails much (sadly I'm a biter) but you may have hope! My mom also gave me this stuff that's called cuticle cream and you rub it around the outside of your nails.
one thing is to make sure you put it on thin! it lasts so much longer when you put it on thin and even. also, a primer before you paint and a top coat after really help it.
file down you nails with a really good nail filer





put on at least 3 coats of the nail polish on each finger





-wait to dry-





put on 1 layer of clear coat nail polish








then you're all set!





Merry Christmas chicka [:
They use a good quality base coat and top coat. It also helps to have your nails well filed so they are ripping and chipping, causing your polish to do the same thing.
I put a clear coat or two over the top of the color. Make sure to put it on evenly so it won't chip in certain area's and not others. Hope i helped.
well, i get top coat and pain it on every day or so, but be careful b/c if you put too much, then you get like....bubbles, so careful


hope this helped
well if it's chipping the next day try putting 2 coats of polish on, then use clear to go over it.


sorry I don't know what the salons use.
Dont touch or play with your nails, if thats out of the quesion then a clear coat. Eentually all nailpolish will chip though.
Try a base coat, then your desired polish, and then a strong top coat. Good Luck!
Usually they use a clear overcoat. I suggest Sally Hanson Hard As Nails.
there is this one thing that i use its like a top coat thing that u can buy at drugstores and it usually makes it last a couple weeks
Don't use cheap polish and use a clear coat on top.
Base coat polish and top coat polish!
Just do many rounds and then put some clear nail polish over
you have to buy a certain clear nail polish that does just that



your nail polish might not be very good or you could put a clear coat on
Put a heavy clear coat on!
try a top coat many times
u should pot 2 heavy coats of clear
put ore on

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles