Monday, November 30, 2009

How do you get nail polish out of carpet?

My very naughty cat knocked over a small box of nail polish and one of the bottles broke. I now have several small nail polish stains in the carpet. I'm afraid that if I use nail polish remover it will ruin the carpet. I would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!How do you get nail polish out of carpet?
With experience of my two daughter carrying RED fingernail polish and spilling it up my stairs here is what I did....





If you have Berber Carpet Skip this part...





I took some scissors and tried to cut out some of it. BE CAREFUL not to make a HUGE bald spot... this is going to thin out your carpet a bit however better than a BIG spot....





Secondly, Get some Acetone or some nail polish remover... Be careful because this will smear the polish and possibly fade your carpet... I would try to cut out as much as you can with out balding a huge spot in the carpet....





Use a towel... WHITE so the color won't bleed onto the carpet.... Lay the towel over the Polish... then, in a SPRAY bottle spray the remover onto the towel.. BLOT the towel and try to pick up the stains verses rubbing it in.... Rubbing is only going to make a bigger stain. This is going to take a few towels...Patience, and time.... continue with these steps until the polish is out of the carpet and on the towel. Make sure when you get the polish lifted onto the towel DO NOT put the towel with the polish back on the carpet! As when you spray the towel again that polish will be back into the carpet! Like I said this is going to use a lot of towels but, it is cheaper than replacing the carpet!





BLOT BLOT BLOT! and step on it to get the stain transfered on the towel. It will work just be patient... When you get fustrated walk away.. your spot is not going anwhere... Until you finish the steps.How do you get nail polish out of carpet?
carpet stain remover!
try nail polish remover or Bam or some other strong stain lifter
If it's dry, i'm not sure. I spilled a whole bottle of polish on my blue carpet and I immediately blotted it up with paper towels and rubbed with a wet washcloth over and over and over. It eventually came out. But I found the information below online.





Nail Polish


Apply acetone or amyl acetate (polish removers), but take care with synthetic fibres, as both of these dissolve some type of rayons. Wash or sponge with your usual laundry product after treatment.





Remove any remaining colour with a bleach, using a chlorinated laundry bleach for white cottons and linens. A diaper wash/sanitiser container sodium percarbonate for colours, and hydrogen peroxide for wool and silks.
There is a wonderous cleaner called ';OOPS'; it is for removing paint.. nail polish and almost any type of paint or gum based substances. It dont hurt your eyes or nose either. Safe for you to use bare handed.
Try bleach.
nail polish remover
nail polish remover
vinager and starch....it works everytime......old secret from my grandma...it also gets out:





1. fruit juice


2. blood stains ( don't ask lol)


or anything red





happy to HELP!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles